Monday, February 23, 2009

Behind the scenes of...

My latest prep work for 'review/crit' tomorrow. Here is the setup and prep for some images and just basic testing of how I want the light to look. Still playing with the idea of having the cover slightly translucent, but I'm fairly certain that I will settle on completely opaque. I want the outer to look clean and extremely modern, with a white polycarbonate type material for the outer. However, for the bottom piece, I am looking into incorporating a clear material that can be lit from the inside, in hopes to produce something akin to the following asthetic:


I think lighting the edge and having a glow come off of it would really be beneficial to the overall look, and add a bit of the retro 8-bit look that I am going for. On that note, since I often have trouble staying true to the roots of initial project goals, I have decided to post an inspirational 8-bit image each time I make an update to the blog in order to remind myself of not just the asthetic and language, but the fun, playfulness and creativity that it affords. ciao.

No comments: